The primary purpose of your door lock is to protect your home so you and your loved ones could relax and feel safe. Without a high-quality door lock, your relaxation could turn into stress as your door lock might easily get picked or snapped. Doors with high-quality locks keep the risk of home invasion and burglary at bay and provide an increased sense of security and peace of mind.
How to know if your doors are at risk?
Even though people understand the importance of door locks and home security, we still hear horror stories of home invasions, thefts, or family members being harmed. It happens mostly because of the common belief that having a multipoint lock on your door is enough to keep your home safe and secure, however, it is important to know that all multipoint locks are operated by a cylinder which is the weakest point and if it’s compromised, then all the locking points become useless. In other words, if the cylinder in your door lock is old, damaged, poorly fitted, or compromised in any way, it leaves your door as good as open for a burglar.
What is lock snapping and how to prevent it?
Lock snapping is one of the most common break-in methods used by the burglars. It involves snapping the lock cylinder in half and exposing the locking mechanism for tempering and unlocking using simple household tools. A thief requires zero skills and expertise to snap the lock in half within just five to ten seconds using this technique. The locks most prone to such attacks have euro profile cylinders. Euro profile locks are commonly found in uPVC doors and a significant number of composite & aluminium doors. They operate in combination with multipoint locks and are commonly used in domestic houses.
To combat this threat and to keep your home and loved ones safe from burglars, you can simply upgrade your cylinder lock to the one that is specifically designed to keep lock snapping intruders at bay – an Ultion lock.
Ultion Locks from Locksmith Bromsgrove
Ultion locks are approved by the police, tested by top-notch locksmiths, and accredited to the highest standards. They are easy to use, highly durable, and sustainable, and specifically designed to provide optimum home security.
Here are some key benefits and features of Ultion locks:
- A guarantee of £1000 in compensation should a burglary happens at your home by snapping an Ultion lock.
- TS007 3 Star accreditation.
- Double anti-snap resistance, making it twice hard for the intruder to break it open and see the core.
- Proactively activates lockdown mode, a hidden lock for additional security the moment the lock detects tampering or forced entry.
- Increased strength and hardness, with high resistance against wears.
- Highly-effective resistance against corrosion, drilling, bumping, picking, snapping, etc.
- 25% thicker than iron and can withstand pressures of up to 300,000 pounds per square inch.
- Use 11 pins made from high-quality hardened steel, offering 294,970 different combinations of keys.
Get Your Ultion Lock Today!
If you’re interested in upgrading your door locks to Ultion locks, get in touch with Doctor Locks today; the highly reliable and professional locksmiths serving the residents of Bromsgrove for two decades. All of our services are insured and carried out by the ACPO policies and guidelines. We welcome you to contact us today at 0800 611 8886 to speak to one of our engineers or reach us over email email@example.com and one of our advisors will be in touch with you soon.